My lil' man wanted to pose with me and show off his new tie I made him.
DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You acquire things you don’t use.
- You feel regret over purchases, whether it’s fabric you’ll never use or a blouse bought because it was on clearance.
- You tend to buy quantity over quality more than you’d like.
- You buy things that are “close enough.”
- You don’t have a chance to think very deeply about your purchases, like the environmental or ethical impact.
- When buying fabric, you go for the bright and shiny instead of the fabrics you really like to wear.
- You make clothes that don’t really fit your life well (another party dress?)
- You have an overwhelmingly long list of sewing projects you want to make and no idea of how to prioritize them. This can actually be kind of stressful for me.
- You feel like your wardrobe is all over the place.
- You don’t know how to put outfits together from what you have, so you keep acquiring more instead.
- That’s a big pile of issues. Do any of these ring true for you? I know they do for me, some more than others."
I hope some of you can try this and we together can see what works and doesn't for each of us. We're all in different stages in life and I'm really feeling a make-over/transition coming! I look forward to whatever the future brings!
I have had several interested people in having a skirt or dress made, I need to state this right now in case you didn't know....I don't work for free! So don't contact me asking for a free item, or when I give you a quote, you want to haggle, my time is valuable.
There, that needed to be said so I am perfectly understood.
I also need to say, I'm not a good sales person, I'm still learning how to market myself, my clothes and services, so be patient with me. If you see something you like and would want made, contact me. I'll try and pay info for items that are currently for sale, or can be custom made.
Over the weekend one of my grandmas died, and with several graduation parties, and weddings, I haven't had enough time to post and finish the challenge!
So here I am. On day 31& 32 I didn't even take any photos. But day 33, father's day Sunday, I was ready! The cobalt and white, midi length silk skirt was originally going to be a dress. I bought the silk at the sewing expo, and I only bought 2 yards, I should have bought 10.
I added pleats, and hidden pockets in the front pleats. I love how nice it came out, prefect for our vacation to seaside in a few weeks!
I have enjoyed this challenge, and the comments, tips and feedback. I think I will try again next year, but plan ahead to offer some skirt sales. So definitely let me know if you want any skirts that you have seen from this challenge.
Have a great summer, and I would love to know what you loved or didn't!
Day 30. It was my youngest's birthday....So naturally I was more focused on him, then my posting!
For his special day I made a bias midi length skirt our of a tribal stripe. I both this at the sewing expo back in February. I originally was going to make a dress, but since three print is pretty busy and bright, I thought with a skirt I would get more wear our of it.
I love the colors and by making this pub the bias it's drapes and moves beautifully. I didn't plan for the front to match up like it did, in the photo the print almost looks like zebra!....purple zebra, why not?!